Linking up with Meghan from Clean Eats, Fast Feets for another Week in Review!
Random occurrences and accomplishments – this week there were few accomplishments, let’s just be honest. It was a fairly typical week with extra sugar and treats in the mix thanks to V-Day. As if the kids really need extra candy… or me for that matter.
- We rented The Girl on the Train and didn’t finish watching it. We probably would have watched the whole thing had Phoebe not decided to crawl into bed and watch it with us (not exactly kid friendly) but we had already reached the plot twist point and figured we’d turn it off. I read the book when it first came out ages ago, and remember it being fairly good, but the movie was so sloooooow and just didn’t work for us. It should be noted, though, that Emily Blunt was fabulous as always. She’s great.
- Phoebe has been on a major Sleeping Beauty kick lately (wanting to read the book every single night) so we watched the movie on Saturday.
- On Saturday night we went over to my sister-in-law’s house for a gathering, which was fun. The kids are always up for hanging out with their cousins. I made fondue, and I’m going to have to do that more often… only I think with a smaller pot. I always forget just how much it makes and the recipes are enough for probably a dozen people eating copious amounts of chocolate.
- We also went to the library Saturday morning. I had a book on hold, and the kids were happy to grab a few new books to read as well.
- The best part of the week was the weekend because we were able to spend some time outside. Hello awesome weather!
I attempted to teach the kids how to play tag in between them riding various toys. Enzo got the rules, but Phoebe was a tad confused. Haha! I definitely got in my workout, though!
- There was some gaming to be had, though. I even kicked the boys off the TV so I could play my game for a bit. After all that running around and a late night on Saturday, the kids were more than ready to just chill on the couch for a while.
Happy Monday everyone!
The weather this weekend was so nice. It felt fantastic to soak up the sun and be outside for more than five minutes without freezing our non-existent balls off.
I remember Sleepy Beauty. A classic. I’m glad kids still watch those.
Oh and I’ll take the leftover chocolate fondue. 🙂